Here are the top 10 reasons why ferrets make great pets:
1. Ferrets are great entertainers. They are very active and you will hardly ever see them not playing or scurrying about in their cages. You will have the best time having them around the house especially if you have kids who would love watching these little furry animals in action.
2. They do not cost a bundle. Ferrets, unlike top breed dogs and cats are not very expensive. In fact, if you have contact with breeders, you would probably get them at such a bargain price.
3. Ferrets live up to ten long years. They are very resilient animals so as long as they are kept healthy and happy, you can expect them to be with you for a very long time.
4. Ferrets are low maintenance just like a solar powered car. They run on sheer and unadulterated energy. They is hardly ever a dull moment for these animals.
5. They have some of the most diverse species. You can choose from so many different kinds of ferrets. Some of them look very stunning with their peculiar looking fur; some of them look downright delightful because of their cute features. There are so many of them that you can pick from depending on what kind of pet ferret you are looking for.
6. Ferret can be trained to mingle and co-exist peacefully with other animals. If you have dogs or cats at home, you can definitely try to associate your ferrets with them so that you can let your pet ferrets out of the cage even when your other pets are around.
7. Ferrets have the propensity to explore as they are very intelligent creatures. They are always out to discover new things especially when they are allowed to roam freely around the house.
8. Ferrets are generally quiet. Yes, they can get a little noisy sometimes especially when they are hungry, thirsty, or otherwise uncomfortable. Most of the time though, they just like to stay in their cage and play.
9. Ferrets are very easy to feed. There is a recommended pet ferret food that can be bought from pet stores and you can just leave a heap of it each day and they will eat it once they get hungry. They are not hogs though. They only eat what they need for their energy consumption for the day.
10. Ferrets have distinct personalities. One of the greatest things about owning pet ferrets is that it is like having little kids around. They all have different interests as well as unique characteristics. Although ferrets share some common attributes, each one would exhibit a distinctive attitude that is truly amazing.
You can find out more about why ferrets make great pets by visiting one or more pet stores where these animals are for sale. Once you lay eyes on them, you would see exactly why you need to be a ferret pet owner immediately.
Source by Timothy Cartwright